The duty of a wise advocate is to convince his opponents...
What is this course about?
As a professional in livelihoods and economic development or as a company with social ambitions, you are keen to develop value chains that combine business competitiveness and profit, with the reduction of poverty or food insecurity. You may be looking for an update in the science for examples of products and commodities relevant to the challenges of the region.
Experts on private sector development in need of practical tools to analyse sectors and design leveraged interventions. Those who are working for an NGO, government agency, donor or consultancy company searching for approaches and instruments that enable pro-poor value chain development.
We aim to enhance your understanding and proficiency in applying the VCD approach in the context of livelihoods projects and businesses. At the end of the training you will be able to:
- Design value chain development projects
- Analyse sub-sectors and value chains and apply practical tools to select value chains that have potential for pro-poor growth
- Enhance your analytical skills to determine market requirements and identify competitive challenges
- Understand the different roles that relevant stakeholders play in developing value chains and develop matching strategies
- Language: English
- Dates: 24th - 26th February 2014
- Course fee: € 450
- Country:Bangkok, Thailand
(The course fee includes lunch, snacks, course material and a certificate)
Follow the link and register online: http://www.mdf.nl/course/api-a/
- Advocacy concepts and policy influencing
- Advocacy continuum and the advocacy cycle
- Analysing the environment (factors and actors)
- Beneficiary participation and stakeholder analyses
- Legitimacy by networking and alliance building
- Relations building / networking
- Reinforcement of advocacy skills
- Dealing with power and principled negotiation
INFORMATION AND ASSISTANCE
Ms. Inez UsLeyanege
Marketing & Client Liaison – MDF Asia
Mobile: +94 77 3949041
Tel: +94 11 2808121 or 11 2805122