We are pleased to invite you to the side event on Building up scientific knowledge to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of adaptation planning and its action to be held on Wednesday, 15 NOV 2017 from 10:00-11:30 AM at the Japan Pavilion, Bonn Zone.
This side event will feature an active discussion on the following questions:
- How can we connect climate change risk information with adaptation planning and realize its implementation in both national and local level?
- How can we proceed to build up the scientific data in the structure and provide them?
It will be moderated by Dr. Saleemul Huq, Director of the International Centre for Climate Change & Development and a Senior Fellow at the International Institute for Environment and Development, and will bring together a high-level panel composed of state and non-state actors.
- Dr. Kollawat Sakhakara, Climate Change Management and Coordination Division, Office of Natural Resources and Environmental Policy and Planning, Thailand
- Ms. Xianfu Lu, Senior, Climate Change Specialist, Sustainable, Development and Climate Change Department, Asian Development Bank
- Dr. Barney Dickson, Head, Climate change unit, UN Environment
- Dr. Yasuaki Hijioka, Head, Center for Social and Environmental Systems Research, National Institute for Environmental Studies, Japan
For more information, visit: http://copjapan.env.go.jp/