The International Training Course on Flood Disaster Risk Management (FDRM) has been designed to achieve the goal of creating a flood resilient society. With rich experiences in providing similar courses for natural disaster mitigation at international level, ADPC provides a model training experience in this course by integrating study materials, case studies, audio visual tools, field visits and interactive learning strategies. The course also presents flood preparedness and mitigation experience from severely affected countries like Lao PDR, Cambodia, Vietnam, Bangladesh, Nepal, India, Pakistan, Thailand, Sri Lanka and many other continents such as Africa.Course Objectives:By completing the FDRM, participants will learn how to:
- Develop comprehensive strategies for flood risk management
- Evaluate the extent of flood risk and vulnerability and assess the capacity to response
- Apply structural and non-structural measures for flood risk mitigation
- Prepare preparedness and response plans for efficient flood risk reductionIntegrate recovery and rehabilitation plans and programs with flood risk management strategies
- Address cross-cutting issues in flood risk management
For more information and registration, please visit ADPC website.